Enroll your Grade 6-12 teen into Confirmation classes and Youth Ministry through the online Faith Formation Registration.
First class is Sunday September 18, after Mass.
First Youth Ministry Saturday retreat is September 24, 9 AM-2 PM.
Youth Sacramental Prep Information (Grades 6-12) –
Confirmation & First Reconciliation/First Holy Communion
What age is Confirmation?
In the Archdiocese of Seattle, Confirmation is given in the 7th grade; our program is structured with preparation beginning in the 6th Grade. Older teens are still welcome to enroll and prepare for Confirmation.
What documents are necessary for Confirmation?
- Baptism Certificate – should note name of Catholic Church child was baptized, name of parents, and date of baptism.
- Confirmation Sponsor form – Priest of parish of which sponsor attends will need to sign; due at the end of students’ Confirmation I year.
Which class(es) will my student be attending?
Student entering the 6th Grade
- Confirmation I during their 6th Grade school year
- Confirmation II next school year (7th Grade), with reception of the sacrament in the spring
Student is entering their 7th Grade if Confirmation I was completed
- Confirmation II, with reception of the sacrament in the spring
Student is entering their 7th-11th Grade year, without completing Confirmation I
- Confirmation I during this school year
- Confirmation II next school year, with reception of the sacrament in the spring
Student is entering their 12th Grade year
- Attend Confirmation II class during their 12th Grade year
- Simultaneously complete take-home class materials to make up for Confirmation I, due no later than Easter
- Contact us for other options
For students also needing preparation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
- First Reconciliation/First Communion classes are in addition to Confirmation classes
- Includes some take-home reading
- October-November: First Reconciliation preparation; Reception of First Reconciliation during Advent season
- February-March: First Holy Communion preparation; Reception of First Holy Communion during Easter Season on First Communion Sunday (scheduled with 2nd Graders)
- Schedule of class dates TBP
Class Requirements for all 6th-12th graders
- Faithful attendance of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation
- Attendance of Sunday classes
- Youth Ministry Saturdays, and other activities
Deadlines for Sponsor Form and Baptismal Certificates:
Confirmation I candidates - - May 7, 2023
Confirmation II candidates - February 5, 2023
Please check back regularly for updates on events and retreats for youth within the Archdiocese of Seattle.
Questions? Contact Chad Lucero at [email protected] or 360-458-3031.